Sunday, February 27, 2011

To the rodeo... And Beyond!!

I still haven't been able to get my Dad to make another post for me, but I had a little time for a quick update (Mom and Dad think I am sleeping, but I snagged Dad's iPhone on the way to bed).

Last weekend, I went to the San Antonio rodeo!! My friend Julian went with me (his Mom and Dad are friends from Rice). We had a good time playing on the tractors, petting the animals, eating rodeo food, and watching the calf-roping. I was so excited about the calf-roping that I put on my cowboy hat as soon as I got home and started roping my stuffed cow from the back of my trusty steed (er, I mean Moose). Unfortunately, Daddy didn't get any photos of that one.

The weekend after the rodeo, we went for an "adventure" (according to Mom). We stayed in Austin with our friends Stew and Angela. Did you know Stew has TWO BIG GUITARS!! I was in Heaven. I didn't even mind that Ali would lick my face any time she was within licking distance. Also, as it turns out, I might be part Brazilian. Angela was teaching me a very cool Brazilian song that I can't get out of my head.

After saying a very sorrowful good bye to Stew's guitars (and Stew, Angela, and Ali), it was off to Ikea to buy a bed for me. It turns out that Baby Brother (who I think we should call Rico, but Mom and Dad hate that name) is going to get my crib and I get a big boy bed. So far, this was my best Ikea trip ever. I got to sleep in the car with Daddy while Mommy went inside to do all of the work. At the end, we drove back to our house in San Antonio. I was so happy to be heading back home that I made up a song about it on the way. I don't think Mommy and Daddy were paying attention to my new song, but once I work out the kinks, I will play it for them on my little guitar. "Going back to our house. Going back to our house. going back to our house"

Yikes, I think the glow of the iPhone under the door is giving me away. Next time, I will need to pull the blanket over the phone first. Rookie mistake!!!

Here are the pics and videos

Hopefully, my Dad will write next time, but don't hold your breath.

PEA

PS Don't blame me for the lack of photos. Mommy and Daddy are still slow on the draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment